Illinois Science Olympiad State Tournament - 2016
The University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign is proud to host the 2016 Illinois Science Olympiad State Tournament on April 16, 2016. Team information, logistics, opportunities to volunteer and much, much, more can be found on the Illinois Science Olympiad website
Program details, including the schedule of events and registration info can be found on the Illinois Science Olympiad website.
If you would like to volunteer at the 2016 Illinois Science Olympiad State Tournament, please visit the volunteer site here.
Click here for the final program.
Parking is available from 5:00 pm Friday through Saturday evening in most University of Illinois parking lots labeled "Monday through Friday." Parking is NOT permitted in any University lot or specific parking spaces marked "rented 24 hours, 7 days a week." Street parking meters supplied by the cities of Champaign and Urbana are not considered University parking and will be strictly enforced on Saturday.
Free bus parking on Saturday, April 16th is available in the SOUTH END of the State Farm Center lot E-14, 1800 S. First St., Champaign. This lot can be accessed from either First Street or Oak Street.
There are a number of hotels in the campus area, as well as in the surrounding communities of Champaign-Urbana.
- I Hotel and Conference Center
- Illini Union
- Hawthorn Suites
- Hilton Garden Inn
- Homewood Suites
- Hampton Inn
- Hyatt Place
- Holiday Inn Express
- Comfort Suites
For a complete listing of area hotels, a list is available here.
There are a variety of restaurants and coffee shops in the vincinity of the tournament facilities on campus.
The concession stand in Huff Gym will be open from 10:00 AM-5:00 PM. It will offer hot dogs, brats, bottled beverages, and numerous snack foods.
In addition, the below list of restaurants and coffee shops are open to the public.
- Chipotle, 528 East Green Street #101, Champaign
- Cold Stone Creamery, 505 East Green Street, Champaign
- Courtside Cafe @ ARC, 201 E Peabody, Champaign
- Espresso Royale, 602 E. Daniel, Champaign
- Espresso Royale @ BIF, 515 E. Gregory, Champaign
- Espresso Royale, 1117 W. Oregon, Urbana
- Flat Top Stir Fry Grill, 607 South 6th Street, Champaign
- Jimmy John's Gourmet Sandwiches, 601 East Green Street #B, Champaign
- Manolo's Pizza & Empanadas, 1115 West Oregon Street, Urbana
- Merry Ann's Diner, 1103 W. Oregon, Urbana
- Noodles & Company, 528 East Green Street, Champaign
- Panda Express, 627 South Wright Street, Champaign
- Panera Bread, 616 East Green Street, Champaign
- Potbelly Sandwich Shop, 501 East Green Street, Champaign
- Rosati's Authentic Chicago Pizza, 701 S. Gregory, Urbana
- Subway, 610 East Daniel Street, Champaign
- Subway, 616 East Greet Street #A, Champaign
- The Bread Company on Goodwin, 706 South Goodwin Avenue, Urbana
- Zorba's, 627 East Green Street, Champaign
Public Wireless Access
The University of Illinois provides free public WiFi for guests. Follow these simple steps to get online:
- Select IllinoisNet_Start as the network to connect to.
- Open a web browser (e.g. Firefox, Safari, Internet Explorer).
- Click Visitor Access from the menu on the left.
- Provide relevant information (name, country calling code, mobile number, email address). Find your country calling code.
- Click Generate Account.
Your username and password will pop up on the screen and will be emailed to you.
IllinoisNet_Start is like public WiFi at a coffee shop: it’s public. You’re sharing it with a bunch of other people. As such, we recommend that you wait until you get home to do any sensitive work like banking or entering important passwords.
Your access expires after 24 hours. Be sure to follow these steps every day you want to get online.
Problems connecting to IllinoisNet_Start? Call the Technology Services Help Desk at 217.244.7000.
Wireless access may also be available at various restaurants and coffee shops as well.